Traffic for List Building
100 Lessons About How to Earn Extra Money Online
Part III. Email List Building
Traffic for List Building
1. Drive Traffic to Your Opt-In Page
Here is the key part on how to drive traffic to your opt-in page.
This step is to focus in on every traffic generation method possible. At the bottom of this page, you will see some red arrows that you can’t miss right now.
The blue in there is the landing page, your squeeze page. This is the page you have set up to get people interested in your offer to get them on your email list. Each one of these red arrows signifies a source of traffic of some kind. The whole point of representing it like that is so that you can focus on sending all the traffic you can to this landing page.
We are going to discuss several different traffic methods that you can use. It is all about sending that traffic and funneling it so that you can start building up that page. To build up the opt in subscribers. That is ultimately where your business is going to grow. The more subscribers you have, the more people you can reach. The more money you can make as an affiliate or with your own product.
The more people you can impact and the more people you can help. Keep all of that in mind as we go through the various traffic methods. We are sending all the traffic possible to that set up landing page. Traffic is what gives your online business life. You need targeted groups of people to view your stuff. We aren’t talking about just anyone seeing it.
Don’t go out there and purchase names and traffic. That is junk traffic, and the purpose is to do this all for free anyway. The quantity of traffic isn’t as important as the quality of traffic. All of the methods that we talk about here are quality traffic. It will all be from people that have an interest in what you offer. They will be part of your niche market.
Sales or opt ins can’t happen without traffic. You can’t just sit there and hope that people come. It is about building it up and getting traffic through marketing. Getting the right type of traffic is what it boils down to. We want to get targeted people to your opt in page. You want to get all of your visitors to the same landing page.
Here are several free traffic methods:
- Social media – Facebook focused groups or create a page, Twitter, Pinterest, Google Plus
- Squidoo.com or Hubpages.com – high traffic and they want quality content to send traffic
- YouTube.com – create short informational videos to draw your market in
Write and submit a press release about your free report or free offer
- Post on relevant niche forums that allow signatures – don’t SPAM your links
- Write articles – Submit quality articles to EzineArticles.com, ArticleBase.com, GoArticles.com (make sure you include a link)
- Google submit content for your niche
- Write a short report or PowerPoint
- Include opt-in form on sidebars
- Create lots of quality content for your blog
- Ad swaps – Agree with someone to email your list their information and they will send traffic to your list by emailing their list
- Offer services of your own or free offers for a product launch
- Be consistent with your efforts. It takes ongoing efforts and it takes time
Traffic development should never stop. You should always be working on getting more targeted traffic and building up your business. As you make profits, you can also start to scale it up with some of the paid options. For now, get out there and start building your traffic up with the free methods.
2. Resources for You
a) Recommended Autoresponder Services
The MailChimp autoresponder service offers the great features that can help improve your email marketing campaigns. It has a permanently-free option under 2,000 subscribers (maximum 12,000 emails/month). The MailerLite is the simplest email marketing tool for small business and it is simple to use and anyone can create and send beautiful email newsletters, manage subscribers and track results. Up to 1,000 subscribers – it is free!
b) List Building Programs
Building email list of a high-quality can be a serious part of your online business. You can use programs specifically targeted at this objective.
c) Recommended Websites
To improve your knowledge and skills on how to find quality offers to promote we recommend the following websites: