Web Page SEO
Updated: June 3, 2018
The question how to perform web page SEO is very important for the marketers, as they seek to get free traffic from search engines. A good result in this case is achieved by having a good knowledge of the main SEO rules and the use of tools for On-Page SEO automation.
So, since SEO works are very important, you should use only the best On-Page SEO tools, including SEO plugins, moreover, that the WordPress platform allows to do this easily by using a variety of WP SEO plugins at your choice. The SEO plugins are free and paid, both types are very useful.
For example, All-In-One SEO Pack or The Platinum SEO Pack plugins are free to use and they allow to perform some basic SEO works – to input Title, Description, Keywords and to perform some other actions for your web page. But, unfortunately, the use of only of these tools is not sufficient. You must have at your disposal the tool with the enhanced web page SEO capabilities to maximally automate the process of SEO works for your business website.
As a rule, SEO plugins with the increased capabilities to perform SEO works are not for free, for example, SEOPressor. The price for such a tool varies within $30-100 (one-time payment). If you intend with a minimal knowledge of SEO to achieve maximum results (even excellent SEO results), you should accept these costs. You can’t save on this matter, because it is simply unreasonable, as the losses from poor-quality web page SEO works for your website will be much higher.
So, here we discuss:
- Web Page SEO Performance
- Variety of On Page SEO Tools
- Most Popular Free WP SEO Plugins
- Best Paid WP SEO Plugins
- Best Complete SEO Applications
- Conclusion and Notes
1. Web Page SEO Performance
a) Prepare Relevant and Original Content
The quality content is the number one factor of your website search engine rankings and there is no alternative for great content. Content quality created especially for your expected user raises website traffic, which improves your website’s recognition and relevance.
So, what is regarded as good content?
The original content (articles, text, images, videos, presentations, infographics, comments, etc.) means no copies or rewrites of existing articles, and is described as follows:
- Content posted on your website very first. Even if it’s your own content, if you have already published it on another website, then it’s not good for your website.
- Content that includes text as well. Try to have text to go along with your non-text content. For example, if you post any videos on your website try to add a text explanation as well. Also, if you add images try to summarize in words what the image is all about.
- Content that is valuable. Don’t post content for the cause of publishing. Before reaching the publish button make confident that what goes live provides benefit to your website visitors.
- Content that is well researched. People don’t want to read easily prepared posts and neither does search engines. If you are writing about a specific topic or responding to a question, make sure that what you write is validated and covers each sites of a story. and remember, long articles are confirmed to rank better than brief articles.
Identify a keyword phrase for each page of your website. Imagine about how your audience might look for that particular page. Then, repeat this keyword phrase a number of times all over the page: once or twice in the beginning and ending paragraphs, and two to four more times all through the remaining content.
Don’t forget about to use bold, italics, heading tags, and other focus tags to emphasize keyword phrases, but don’t overdo it.
Never give up good writing for SEO. The best web pages are written for the consumers, not for the search engines. The website with amazing content can do excellent with or without SEO, and a website with poor content will not survive with or without SEO. Also, a website with great content can become even much better with Web Page SEO.
b) Update Your Content Regularly
You’ve possibly noticed that we really feel quite firmly about the content. Search engines do, as well. Regularly updated content is viewed as one of the best signs of a website’s relevancy, so be confident to keep it fresh.
Try to add at least 7-8 new posts in a month. It is also desirable to update the old pages, but do not rush on to remove them, since in this case you can delete the links to them from other websites (better to keep the old articles in the archive).
c) Use Keywords Correctly
Before preparing the content for a particular page, you must choose a primary keyword and 4-5 secondary keywords relevant to your page content.
So, once you have defined your keywords, you need to make sure you use them:
- In the URL for the new page you must use the primary keyword (whenever possible)
- In your page title use the primary keyword (HTML title tag) and at content beginning if possible
- In your page description use the primary keyword and secondary keywords (HTML meta description)
- In your main page headline (h1) use the primary keyword and if possible in at least one sub headline (h2, h3, h4)
- In your page or post content use the primary keyword, with it bolded at least once
- In an optimized link, so the keyword appears in the link anchor text and the link title (if appropriate) – great for helping search engines and people access more relevant content on your website
In an on-topic, optimized image, so the keyword appears in the name of the image and the image alternate (alt) text, as long as it is suitable for the image.
Applying your primary keyword in the places listed above is good if it naturally works well. But be careful, don’t overdo it. If your keyword doesn’t work properly in your headline or it doesn’t sound natural in one of the places listed above, don’t force it and stuff it in there anyway – that’s spamming.
What not to do when using keywords:
- Don’t just use the same keyword (or keyword phrase) in your content over and over
- Don’t consider that the more it shows up in your page content, the better the SEO results will be
- Don’t put paragraphs in your website footer (that are practically nothing more than a list of keywords, and it’s so obvious you’re spamming)
- Don’t use the title tag and meta description tag of your page as another place to list your keywords
- Don’t forget to define the primary and secondary keywords for your pages and posts, and use them in the places listed above
c) Provide Metadata for Each Page
When creating your website, each page includes a space between the <head> tags to insert metadata:
- Title Metadata. The title metadata is responsible for the page titles shown at the top of a browser screen. It is the most important metadata on your page.
- Description Metadata. The description metadata is the textual information that a browser will use in your page search return.
- Keyword Metadata. The keyword metadata are the search phrases that people type when they want to find your page. Probably, you’ll want to use a wide range of phrases. However, if your list becomes too much, the browser may completely ignore the data. As a general rule, try to keep it to about 5-6 phrases (with each phrase composed of 1-4 words).
If you have a WordPress website and use the All-In-One SEO Pack plugin, then when you scroll down the page you’ll see a place to enter the metadata.
d) Provide Page Titles, Description and Formatting
When search engines are looking through your pages, among the things they examine includes the page title, the description of the page, and also, the main headings and images. They do so simply because they require to recognize what the page is all about, and then, based on other aspects as well (Off-Page SEO, domain authority, competition, other), they will put your page in a position in their index.
Each page must have the original title that will help both search engines and users have an understanding of what the page is about. For example, the web page with title “Website Content Writing Tips” is better than a page with title “index.html”.
The page description is what the searcher will see in the search engine results page. So, it has to be detailed, up to 160 characters and unique for each page of your website. Also, it’s your ability to promote your page and tell the searcher to click your link and visit your website rather than selecting one of the other links.
Each page requires to be accurately formatted and needs to have a heading (h1) and subheadings (h2). Important parts of the content can be highlighted with bold, underline or italics.
Do not just put text on the page, but make confident that it is easily readable as well. Apart from the formatting procedures described above, you also require to use a great size font (at least 12px) and split the text into small paragraphs (max 4-5 lines).
The images are crucial, but their use should not raise the loading time of the website. Best practices for using images:
- Use unique images. If you need to use an existing image from the Web you need to provide the reference to the source.
- Improve the size of the images. The smallest is the size of the image (in bytes), the better will be the result. You can use Yahoo Smash It to cut down the size of an image without reducing the quality.
- Use ALT tag to describe the image. This assists search engines recognize what the image is about.
- Use descriptive filenames. Don’t just name your image “image#1.jpg” but try to use detailed filenames, for example “Girl doing exercise”.
- Use a Content Delivery Network. If you have a lot of images on a single page you can use a CDN service (from Amazon or Google) that will make your page load quicker. In simple terms, your images will be hosted and served by a number of servers and this speeds up the loading process.
2. Variety of On Page SEO Tools
In order to know better about the existing variety of On-Page SEO tools and to facilitate the selection of the right SEO tool, let us divide them in two parts:
- SEO tools, that are oriented exclusively for use for the websites created on WordPress platform
- SEO tools, that are oriented for the general-purpose use
We remind you that mainly in all our discussions we base on the use of WordPress platform for creation and managing business websites. So, when we discuss the questions like – What are the best On-Page SEO tools and How to use On-Page SEO tools, we, first of all, observe the possibilities providing by WP platform and WP Plugins. The SEO capabilities of WordPress are significant, and you need to know about them and use them.
The effectiveness of SEO WP plugins is defined by a set of options that they provide to the user, this is what characterizes their power. From this point of view the most powerful among the Free SEO WP plugins are: WordPress SEO by Yoast, All-In-One SEO Pack and HeadSpace2 SEO. What SEO WP plugin to use for your website you decide yourself. Given that they are free and easy to download and delete, you can try all of them and leave the one that suits you best. We recommend use WordPress SEO by Yoast.
Of course, you can use other SEO tools, but for WP websites it’ll be not convenient, since you’ll need to transfer the data to the WP editor from the used SEO tool.
3. Most Popular Free WP SEO Plugins
The WordPress has a big group of plugin developers and customers, and we’re often offered with much more plugins than we can actually observe and use. You can read more details about their performance on the original websites, or you can read about the Most Valuable SEO Plugins for WordPress.
The case is not unique when it occurs to Free WordPress SEO plugins. Nevertheless, you have to make a choice, as if you want your WordPress website or blog to be observed by search engines and also executed well, you need to use the best On Page SEO tools, and free SEO plugins are not an exception.
For today, among the free WP SEO plugins the most popular are:
4. Best Paid WP SEO Plugins
In this paragraph, we present only the paid WP SEO plugins that have a high level of functionality, especially reliability, as well as those, that are easy to learn and use.
What these plugins do and why one of them is desirable to have?
They analyze the SEO of your existing or creating web page, just as it is done by the search engines. Of course, they can’t do it exactly as the search engines do (as the algorithms are not completely known), but they are able to consider the basic things and to give a qualitative evaluation of the SEO level of a web page. In addition, these tools give you tips in a convenient form for the correction of errors. Consistently correcting errors, you raise the SEO level of a web page. Of course, these tools can be attributed to cool WP SEO tools.
In these tools the numerical indicator of the web page SEO level is given in percentage (%), and basically, for two main resulting parameters: General SEO Score and Keyword Density. You can perform SEO optimization for your web page to the established level of Keyword Density both for the Primary Keyword and for the Secondary Keywords. The higher SEO Score % you achieve for the web page (better 100%), the higher its chances are for getting on the first page of search engines.
The SEOPessor is a WordPress plugin designed by Daniel Tan and is deservedly among the best on page SEO tools. This plugin allows you to rank higher on search engines and, as an outcome, you can get much more organic traffic and raise earnings. It is easy to install, understand and use. It’ll point you particularly about SEO errors you have made and will force you to correct them. This will help to increase your website SEO score and keyword density.
In addition, the plugin does respond very quickly as you work with it, with very little delay. So, when you’re doing work on your content with this plugin, there is no need to keep saving to see the modifications, you simply renew the analysis tool itself, and if you’re satisfied with everything you can go ahead and save the changes you’ve made to the whole post itself.
The tool has different settings and many options, here we present a few of them:
- Analyze the keyword density
- Analyze the optimum of word count
- Analyze the placement of the keyword
- Analyze the images and links
- Automatic adding of keywords to alternative text in your images
- Automatic italicization of the keyword
- Automatic bolding of the keyword
- Automatic underlining of the keyword
- Automatic adding of the keywords to the Title
- Sets keywords for auto-bloggers targeting
- Gives a detailed SEO analysis of each web page you create
- Tells you what you can make to increase your SEO score, and many others
It can be concluded that this tool will allow you to achieve with easy a high SEO level for each web page and will save you a lot of time. Also, SEOPressor Connect is now offered on a single membership plan charged at $9 per month. For that you’re able to use the plugin on several domains, meaning it’s a multi website license. This makes SEOPressor highly affordable and very reasonably priced.
5. Best Complete SEO Applications
If your website is not on the WordPress platform, or you’re looking for a more comprehensive tool to perform SEO for website, we advise you to pay attention to: Traffic Travis, Market Samurai, and Micro Niche Finder.
These tools are competitive, of high quality, and very popular!
Besides being able to carry out On-Page SEO, they provide a wide range of other useful options on how to make SEO for website, like: Quick competition research; Advanced strategies for finding relevant, high-traffic, high-quality keywords in your market; Website overview and status; Create keyword lists; Discover links from competitors; Track search rankings; and much more.
Using Traffic Travis, the very first thing that you will discover, is that the free version of this software is greatly offered, instead of the more comprehensive paid version. Most likely, this is because the developers are comfortable enough about the usability of the free version. With this free version you can find keyword rankings, track keywords, check backlinks for individual pages, check page ranks for individual pages, and many more. There is just so much you can do here, unlike a lot of other free SEO tools.
One more wonderful thing about Traffic Travis is the fact that its keyword research tool is – its integration with Google AdWords, which allows you to get the keyword information from Google by itself. You just connect your Google account to the application and it will pull data from AdWords and split them down into simple understandable sections for you to overview and evaluate.
Traffic Travis also looks at backlinks leading to your website and provides details on their page authority and page rank, as well as the anchor text that is being used for the links. The link finder can advise websites that are relevant to your area of activities and assist you create more links. Also, you can filter which sorts of links you want to look at, so that you don’t have to sort by hand through the links to find ones that are beneficial.
The same tool can be used to review your competition. Any URL you enter will be examined for backlinks and backlink quality. You can also analyze your competition using the keyword tool to see which other websites are using keywords that you are seeking for website optimization and how well these keywords are supporting them rank in search engines.
So, test Traffic Travis to get the best answer to how to SEO my website pages, especially since it has a high-quality free version.
6. Conclusion and Notes
Since we mainly focus on WP websites, it will be good to use WP SEO plugins to perform On-Page SEO. There is a lot of WP SEO plugins on the market, but only a few of them are gaining the real popularity and the best of them are easy to identify on the Warrior Forum.
So, if you are concerned about On-Page SEO importance (even without knowing SEO rules), you should use SEOPressor, as it is a very popular and of high-quality.
It is also desirable to remember the following:
It is advisable, though, to know the basic SEO rules, as it will help you to prepare the better content from the first steps. Such rules are not so many and it is not difficult to remember and apply them. Even if you use smart WP SEO plugins (that give tips for each step in the preparation of your page content), you still need to understand how to implement these tips.ou money.
Taking into account On-Page SEO requirements, you must remember about using keywords in your page content. Before you proceed with the content preparation, you must be very clear about the keywords used. This means that you first should perform keyword research to assess competition using strong web page SEO performance.